This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Your patch to alpha.md causes bootstrap failure
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Your patch to alpha.md causes bootstrap failure
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:12:25 -0700
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10110181809.AA19843@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:09:08PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> More curiously, this alternative is only supposed to trigger with
> profiling enabled. Was it with your bootstrap?
> No. I was curious about that as well.
Oh, duh, you were testing before
2001-10-17 Richard Henderson <email@example.com>
* config/alpha/alpha.c (direct_call_operand): Don't fall off end.
which would have only caused comparison failures, had you
gotten that far.