Re: A question

Hi Hossein,

I believe the answer to your question is in the following sentence of
linux/Documentation/Changes (this is from my 2.4.10 source tree):

-----------
The recommended compiler for the kernel is gcc 2.95.3 or .4, and it should be
used when you need absolute stability. You may use gcc 3.0.x instead if you
wish, although it may cause problems. Later  versions of gcc
have not received much testing for Linux kernel compilation, and there are
almost certainly bugs (mainly, but not exclusively, in the kernel) that will
need to be fixed in order to use these compilers. In any case, using pgcc
instead of egcs or plain gcc is just asking for trouble.

Also, confer to this recent message from Linus:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg00666.html

Cheers,
Paolo.