This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Your patch to alpha.md causes bootstrap failure
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Your patch to alpha.md causes bootstrap failure
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:21:07 -0700
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10110181057.AA18034@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:57:08AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> How and where was this tested and how is this supposed to work?
Linux, as always, and mentioned in the message you didn't find.
It's supposed to work by expanding to
lda $27,foo !literal!1
jmp $31,($27),foo !lituse_jsr!1
which of course gets $27 set up properly for the gp load. But it
would appear that the DEC assembler isn't expanding it that way.
I guess we expand this by hand and ignore the loss of the LITUSE
More curiously, this alternative is only supposed to trigger with
profiling enabled. Was it with your bootstrap?