Re: Your patch to alpha.md causes bootstrap failure

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:57:08AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> How and where was this tested and how is this supposed to work?

Linux, as always, and mentioned in the message you didn't find.
It's supposed to work by expanding to

	lda $27,foo		!literal!1
	jmp $31,($27),foo	!lituse_jsr!1

which of course gets $27 set up properly for the gp load.  But it
would appear that the DEC assembler isn't expanding it that way.

I guess we expand this by hand and ignore the loss of the LITUSE
relocation.

More curiously, this alternative is only supposed to trigger with
profiling enabled.  Was it with your bootstrap?

r~