This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Copyright forms for new contributor?
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Subject: Re: Copyright forms for new contributor?
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:21:01 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, POP Sebastian <s dot pop at laposte dot net>
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Joe Buck wrote:
>> Nobody officially handles these requests ever since RMS requested that we
>> remove these forms from our web site. And ever since then, I am wasting my
>> time handling these requests as nobody else seems to care.
> The reason for not giving out the forms directly was that people were
> sending the wrong forms, making small (but legally significant) changes
> to them, etc. Since the contract has to be on paper, it works best if
> the FSF sends out the actual paper [...]
This definitely makes sense, and I didn't mean to criticize that. However,
it was (and is) absolutely unclear to me, why we cannot publish the forms
used for requesting the paperwork on the web.
> Just the same, we need a better procedure. Perhaps we SC members will
> need to take turns being the copyright form liason. We could set up
> a mailing list for the purpose of handling requests from contributors
> for the legal documents.
Either that, or one or two volunteers.
The problem right now is that requests basically remain unanswered, and
I've just been jumping in when I notice that.
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/