This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: basic_block index negative?
- To: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- Subject: Re: basic_block index negative?
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:01:21 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, GCC Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On 17 Oct 2001, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Am Mit, 2001-10-17 um 19.46 schrieb 1003340807:
> > Dunno. I guess because they're special and contain no program
> > instructions. The tree SSA code uses it to tell whether it found
> > a ghost definition (artificial definitions created by SSA).
> I find it quite odd and distracting to have negative indices. This
> also forbids using them for arrays.
Yes, annoying, isn't it?