Doing regular trunk->ast-optimizer-branch merges?

Nathan,

Since we are not going to be merging the tree SSA framework into
the trunk just yet, I would like to start doing merges from the
trunk into the AST branch on a regular basis.

We are going to start implementing optimizations soon and I would
like to make sure a future merge into the trunk will go smoothly.

Now, I remember that you wanted to work on a stable branch, so
maybe it would be better if we just create a new branch for the
tree SSA work?

Thanks.  Diego.