This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Shared libobjc in gcc 3.0.2 doesn't work with "make check"
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Subject: Re: Shared libobjc in gcc 3.0.2 doesn't work with "make check"
- From: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:58:29 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
At 08:46 17.10.2001, H . J . Lu wrote:
>The ObjC testcase doesn't work at all unless there is libgcc_s.so.1
>somewhere available for dynamic linker. It is because the shared
>libobjc has libgcc_s.so.1 in DT_NEEDED and the GNU linker treats
>it just like dynamic linker. That means ld won't search -L for
>libgcc_s.so.1. If there is no libgcc_s.so.1 for dynamic linker,
>which happens when you never install gcc 3.x before, all ObjC tests
>will fail. For ObjC test, you should use LD_LIBRARY_PATH Or -rpath
>for the final link.
AFAIR this was fixed in the mainline by:
2001-06-16 Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirlemail@example.com>
* gccspec.c (lang_specific_driver): If compiling ObjC, add
-shared-libgcc when necessary.
* Makefile.in (gccspec.o): Compile with DRIVER_DEFINES.
Hmm, totally forgot about that, it should have gone into 3.0.1 already...