Re: Copyright forms for new contributor?

> How does this sound?
>
> Create a web based form, where someone could
> fill in the values for the copyright assignment
> form.  When the user hits the "submit" button,
> it generates a PDF file with all of the form's
> contents.
>
> The user can then print out the form with a printer,
> manually sign the document, and send it by
> postal mail to the FSF copyright assignment clerk.
>
> Does this sound tenable?

But it's a contract.  This means that both sides, the FSF and the
contributor, have to wind up with a physical piece of paper that is signed
by both sides.  So the current approach (of having the FSF copyright clerk
produce the paper document) works just as well as your suggestion.
And I suspect that he already has an automated approach.

The only problem we're having is in getting the process kicked off
for new contributors.  Once the forms request gets to the FSF it
works pretty well.