This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Copyright forms for new contributor?
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Subject: Re: Copyright forms for new contributor?
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:53:05 +0200
- Cc: pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at (Gerald Pfeifer), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200110161945.MAA06074@atrus.synopsys.com>
Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM> writes:
> Just the same, we need a better procedure. Perhaps we SC members will
> need to take turns being the copyright form liason. We could set up
> a mailing list for the purpose of handling requests from contributors
> for the legal documents.
Is this really necessary? There's already a copyright assignment
clerk at the FSF who does this job. I've received my papers within
four working days, and some of these are due to the postal services
I guess this delay is acceptable, and if non-FSF forms are used, we'd
probably face an increase in the time required to process the signed
assignment contract form, so even if we could spare one or two days,
this wouldn't result in a net win in the end.