This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: VIA x86 processor support in GCC
- To: Tom Crispin <crispin at centtech dot com>
- Subject: Re: VIA x86 processor support in GCC
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:07:27 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, cj at centtech dot com
- References: <3BCC8912.E2257D97@centtech.com>
On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 02:22:58PM -0500, Tom Crispin wrote:
> I am in the process of familiarizing myself with the innards of GCC and
> with the coding standards; I hope to be ready with some initial patches
> [ probably in i386.c, i386.h, i386.md ] within a week or so.
Yep. I wouldn't expect too many changes within i386.md -- there are
already quite a few tuning knobs that can be turned, and they are all
set in i386.c. But of course, if you need new ones, do follow the same
style -- no references to particular processors, but instead add a
variable whose name describes the effect and the whose definition
describes the processors to which it applies.
> I haven't been able to determine who are the primary maintainers?
I'd be the one doing the review.