Re: VIA x86 processor support in GCC

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 02:22:58PM -0500, Tom Crispin wrote:
> I am in the process of familiarizing myself with the innards of GCC and
> with the coding standards; I hope to be ready with some initial patches
> [ probably in  i386.c, i386.h, i386.md ] within a week or so.

Yep.  I wouldn't expect too many changes within i386.md -- there are
already quite a few tuning knobs that can be turned, and they are all
set in i386.c.  But of course, if you need new ones, do follow the same
style -- no references to particular processors, but instead add a
variable whose name describes the effect and the whose definition
describes the processors to which it applies.

> I haven't been able to determine who are the primary maintainers?

I'd be the one doing the review.

r~