VIA x86 processor support in GCC

Hello -

My name is Tom Crispin; I'm employed by Centaur Technology - we design
the VIA x86 processors.  We want to contribute code to GCC to allow the
compiler to (optionally) optimize for our processor rather than Intel's
or AMD's when producing x86 binaries.

I understand the copyright issues and do not forsee any problems with
releasing our code under the GPL and assigning copyright to the FSF; I
will download the necessary forms and obtain the requisite signatures
ASAP.

I am in the process of familiarizing myself with the innards of GCC and
with the coding standards; I hope to be ready with some initial patches
[ probably in  i386.c, i386.h, i386.md ] within a week or so.  I haven't
been able to determine who are the primary maintainers?  I realize that
I won't be getting write access to the CVS tree anytime soon and I want
to coordinate my work as closely as possible with the GCC team.

Thanks

Tom Crispin
Centaur Technology
512-493-8625