This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unaligned double
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at onetel dot net dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Unaligned double
- From: Mark Klein <mklein at dis dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:52:57 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
Joern Renneck wrote:
> The way the insn number changes hints that this is probably done by
This was unoptimized code and I never saw combine_instructions called
in my test.
> pa32-regs.h is rather odd in that it defines CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE
> as NO_REGS and then goes on to define CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE_P to
> reject size-changing mode changes. The latter is made ineffective by
> the former.
I changed my pa32-regs.h such that CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE is (FP_REGS)
as is done in pa64-regs.h and that resolves this issue. However, I'm not
sure what else it might break on PA 1.1 platforms as I can't test there.
Richard, it appears by the ChangeLog that you made the original changes
to pa32-regs.h and pa64-regs.h. Was there a specific reason that the
macro was NO_REGS in pa32 and FP_REGS in pa64?
Mark Klein DIS International, Ltd.
PGP Public Key Available