Re: Unaligned double

Joern Renneck wrote:

 > The way the insn number changes hints that this is probably done by
 > combine.

This was unoptimized code and I never saw combine_instructions called
in my test.

 > pa32-regs.h is rather odd in that it defines CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE
 > as NO_REGS and then goes on to define CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE_P to
 > reject size-changing mode changes. The latter is made ineffective by
 > the former.

I changed my pa32-regs.h such that CLASS_CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE is (FP_REGS)
as is done in pa64-regs.h and that resolves this issue. However, I'm not
sure what else it might break on PA 1.1 platforms as I can't test there.

Richard, it appears by the ChangeLog that you made the original changes
to pa32-regs.h and pa64-regs.h. Was there a specific reason that the
macro was NO_REGS in pa32 and FP_REGS in pa64?

Regards,

M.

--
Mark Klein                                    DIS International, Ltd.
http://www.dis.com                            415-892-8400