Re: Question about memory usage difference

> > Could you give some pointers where I can find the information about the
> > difference between gcc and egcs, especially in terms of memory usage?
>
> No.  egcs is version 2.91, after that we had 2.95 and 3.0.
> Next week 3.0.2 is released.  egcs is too old and not supported anymore.

Sorry, I still would like to compare egcs-1.1.2 and gcc-2.95.3.
>From http://gcc.gnu.org/news, I found Inlining improvements happened after
release of egcs-1.1.2 and before release gcc-2.95.3. So, can I say this is
a big difference between them in terms of egcs-1.1.2 and gcc-2.95.3 ?

However, I can't find any docs about old egcs, except the release notes.
And what other major changes affects the memory performance between them?

Thanks!

--
Cheers!

Zou Min
zoum@comp.nus.edu.sg
Picture your oldest, most distinguished, father-figuresque oedipal professor
protesting that he doesn't offer fellatio to poodles.
		-- Omar Haneef, '96, on _swat.talk