Re: Copyright forms for new contributor?

> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:38:29 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
> To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com>
> cc: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>, POP Sebastian <s.pop@laposte.net>

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Diego Novillo wrote:
> > I'm not sure who handles these requests.  Could somebody please
> > help Sebastian getting the copyright forms?

> Nobody officially handles these requests ever since RMS requested
> that we remove these forms from our web site. And ever since then, I
> am wasting my time handling these requests as nobody else seems to
> care.

It was a mistake to take what we did off the web site.  Instead, I
think we should point them to the FSF directly on our web site, since
they seem to want the support hassle, and if a response isn't
forthcoming, refer the user to the old web pages.  If any advice given
by the web pages turns out to be wrong, we can update and refine the
documentation to always be right.  I'd go so far as to say, the
reference to the web site should be right under the pointer to the
FSF.

:-(