Re: ObjC bug on 64-bit architectures?

Stan Shebs wrote:

>Ulrich Weigand wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to track down an Objective C testsuite failure on 64-bit
>> s390x.  However, the problem doesn't appear to be s390x specific from
>> what I can see; it looks to me like this bug should appear on every
>> big-endian 64-bit platform with a 32-bit 'int' type.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Could someone familiar with the objc frontend have a look at this?
>
>I'll take a look at it.

Thanks.

>I would have expected to see more 64-bit
>problems actually, since ObjC doesn't get much exercise on the
>64-bit targets, but I'm not going to complain. :-)

I've got a second testcase failure (formal_protocol-5.m), but this
appears to be caused by the very same problem.  Except for those two
cases, the testsuite passes on 64-bit (on 31-bit all test cases pass).

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  Linux for S/390 Design & Development