This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dnovillo at redhat dot com, jbuck at synopsys dot COM
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:34:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: amylaar at onetel dot net dot uk, bosch at gnat dot com, dewar at gnat dot com,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, zack at codesourcery dot com
<<Ouch. You mean, even before constant folding and elimination of a
not-taken branch of an "if"? That would greatly increase the number of
false positives over what we have now.
I think that is indeed a problem. In GNAT, we also detected these warnings
early, before elimination of dead code, and found that was a problem (we now
have a circuit to remove associated warnings when dead code is eliminated).