This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: calling NAG dlls from Win32 gcc
- To: John Blackburn <John dot Blackburn at npl dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: calling NAG dlls from Win32 gcc
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:39:46 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, John Blackburn wrote:
> Can you help with this. I believe Win32 versions of gcc and by
> extenstion g77 make use of DLLs so they should be able to call fortran
> subroutines stored as DLLs somehow...
I expect you'll find that g77 and NAG have different calling conventions,
so one cannot directly invoke the other. They also likely have different,
incompatible runtime libs. A DLL doesn't help whatsoever, as it doesn't
hide the calling convention in use.
Mixing C code (compiled with gcc) and NAG ought to be possible, however.