This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Linking libstdc++ with gcc-3.0.2 prerelease fails on IA64
- To: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: Linking libstdc++ with gcc-3.0.2 prerelease fails on IA64
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:04:36 -0700
- Cc: Krishnakumar B <kitty at cs dot wustl dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com> <20011015102655.A24158@us.ibm.com>
On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 10:26:55AM -0700, Janis Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 06:38:26PM -0500, Krishnakumar B wrote:
> > I am trying to bootstrap IA-64. During the link stage of libstdc++, I get
> > the following message. I can reproduce the failure at the same stage with
> > the snapshots 200011001 and 20011007 also.
> > .libs/string-inst.o:/u/kitty/tools/gcc-3.0.2-20011014/ia64-redhat-linux/ia64-redhat-linux/libstdc++-v3/include/bits/basic_string.h:238:
> > unsupported reloc
> I see this with the mainline CVS. Rather than looking into it I've just
> avoided building c++ and java. Unless someone already knows what the
> problem is I can look into it.
I believe it is a binutils bug. Please tell me how to reproduce it. I
will make sure it is fixed.