This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dnovillo at redhat dot com (Diego Novillo)
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:49:53 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: amylaar at onetel dot net dot uk (Joern Rennecke), dewar at gnat dot com, bosch at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, zack at codesourcery dot com
[ arguments about -Winitialized, halting problem etc]
> This warning is not on by default, it's only triggered by
> -Wuninitialized. I expect more false positives for the 'maybe
> used uninitialized' message. Mostly because we are emitting the
> warning before any optimizations are performed.
Ouch. You mean, even before constant folding and elimination of a
not-taken branch of an "if"? That would greatly increase the number of
false positives over what we have now.