This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Cannot link C++ programs statically with GCC 3.1 (CVS)?
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: Cannot link C++ programs statically with GCC 3.1 (CVS)?
- From: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- Date: 14 Oct 2001 22:45:21 +0200
- Cc: GCC Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <200110142220.SAA24020@makai.watson.ibm.com>
Am Mon, 2001-10-15 um 00.20 schrieb 1003098010:
> Why are you using -Wl,-static instead of the GCC -static option?
Because I'm deeply stupid and tried -s instead of -static which of
course didn't work. <sic> For some reason I knew that the linker gimmick
used to work on older version.
Thanks for your quick answer.
BTW: Wasn't >3.0 supposed to generate slicker object code from C++
files? The latest CVS doesn't compare very well to 2.95.3 here...