This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Cannot link C++ programs statically with GCC 3.1 (CVS)?
- To: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Cannot link C++ programs statically with GCC 3.1 (CVS)?
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 18:20:10 -0400
- cc: GCC Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
>>>>> Daniel Egger writes:
Daniel> I cannot link C++ programms statically anymore with the currect CVS gcc
Daniel> because there's no static version of libgcc_s avaible which seems to be
Daniel> really needed;
Daniel> g++ -o Compress Compress.o Huffman.o bitfstream.o -Wl,-static -lstdc++
Daniel> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
Daniel> Maybe I just miss something hers so what's the preferred way to build
Daniel> static binaries now?
Why are you using -Wl,-static instead of the GCC -static option?