Re: Cross compilers sharing parts?

rich-paul@rich-paul.net wrote:

> I'm curious as to whether cross-compilers are able to share any
> parts.  It seems like most of the compiler, e.g. the parser and
> such,  would be the same, but I've never seen any docs on how to
> do this.

This is not currently supported.  I suppose you could share parsers, but
you would have to do some infrastructure work to make the definition of type
sizes, builtins, target specific pragmas etc. separate from the parser proper.
I think for most optimizers it would not be desirable to share them, because
they depend too much on target macros, and would get slower if you tried to
replace all the macros with callback.