This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ASM for symbol references
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at onetel dot net dot uk>
- Subject: Re: ASM for symbol references
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:05:47 +0100 (BST)
- cc: Casper Hornstrup <chorns at users dot sourceforge dot net>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> > I'm trying to get gcc to output assembler code for a table with references to
> > code segments. I just can't seem to find the right functions to use to output
> > the assembler code for (.long <label>). Can someone help?
> Hmmm, it appears we are missing documentation for ASM_LONG and friends.
As noted in <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-06/msg00507.html>. I'll
repeat my call that we implement Phil Edwards's suggestion
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg00612.html> of a total freeze on
code until the documentation is brought up to date and my volunteering
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-07/msg00550.html> to maintain the
details of what needs documenting during the freeze.
Joseph S. Myers