Re: ASM for symbol references

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Joern Rennecke wrote:

> > I'm trying to get gcc to output assembler code for a table with references to
> > code segments. I just can't seem to find the right functions to use to output
> > the assembler code for (.long <label>). Can someone help?
>
> Hmmm, it appears we are missing documentation for ASM_LONG and friends.

As noted in <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-06/msg00507.html>.  I'll
repeat my call that we implement Phil Edwards's suggestion
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg00612.html> of a total freeze on
code until the documentation is brought up to date and my volunteering
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-07/msg00550.html> to maintain the
details of what needs documenting during the freeze.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk