Re: Best way to remove cpp0

Neil Booth wrote:

> However, if there's a bug in the compiler during 2), say a segfault,
> then the preprocessed output with -save-temps would only proceed as
> far as the compiler bug.  We have asked users to submit the
> preprocessed output obtained with -save-temps.
>
> What's the best way forwards for this case?

How much overhead would it be to buffer all the way to the end of
a file, and write out before proceeding to compilation proper?
When a segfault occurs, things are going to be pretty scrambled,
you'll want your tokens safe on disk.

Or you could have -save-temps read ahead by a half-million tokens
or so, then dump before proceeding into compilation proper.  You
can prevent bloat (although -save-temps is something you use when
you're desperate to debug and not caring much about size/speed),
but still most .i files will be complete and well-formed.

Stan