Re: Building with --enable-languages problematic

On 11 Oct 2001, Daniel Egger wrote:
>> I don't understand.  Our web page documentation and the HTML and
>> ASCII docs shipped with releases all are generated from install.texi,
>> so you can easily access the install docs immediately.
> IMHO important information to compile a software should always be
> put into some sort of a textfile in the toplevel directory to guide
> the user through the building process. Having the information in the
> compiled docs is nice though it won't help if you fail to build at
> all.

Well, but our docs in text form are shipped as part of releases!

As I wrote: "HTML and ASCII docs shipped with releases".  How these
docs are generated (namely, from install.texi) is just a technical
detail not relevant to the end-user.

Just have a look at the README file and the INSTALL directory after
unpacking gcc-3.0.1.tar.gz!

Gerald