This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: compiling error messages
- To: <Mike dot Gao at shell dot ca>
- Subject: RE: compiling error messages
- From: "Rupert Wood" <me at rupey dot net>
- Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:38:50 +0100
- Cc: <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>,<gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
Mike Gao wrote:
> I send several emails to this account, the messages are kicked
> back. I am wondering if the message did get through. The postmaster
> always complains about the html format of the email. However, after
> the first message was returned, I changed to plain text format.
Yes and no: all four have come though as RTF attachments.
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "<stdin>", line 6578: error: unknown opcode
I'm going to guess that you're using the system assembler with a gcc
binary built to assume the GNU assembler. (on an HP?)
If you got a binary distribution of gcc, try installing binutils too. If
you built gcc yourself, make sure you're not configuring '--with-gnu-as'
or try adding '--with-as=<full-path-to-gnu-assembler>'.