This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RE : [Ada]: failure to build on Mandrake 8.1 / x86
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: RE : [Ada]: failure to build on Mandrake 8.1 / x86
- From: Florian Weimer <Florian dot Weimer at RUS dot Uni-Stuttgart dot DE>
- Date: 12 Oct 2001 14:24:22 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, j dot haguet at cadwin dot com, guerby at acm dot org
- References: <20011012121731.8101AF28AD@nile.gnat.com>
> I am coming into this thread in the middle (I am on a very slow line with
> over a thousand unread messages), so if this is a confusing answer, sorry.
> This message is expected, the Ada standard does not allow units like
> Ada to be recompiled by a user. To implement this requirement of the
> standard, we require a special "implementor" switch -gnatg for such
And if the "-gnatg" option is not specified, the compiler detects this
error and stops *before* code generation. That's why the bug is not
triggered if the option is omitted.