This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ada]: failure to build on Mandrake 8.1 / x86
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: [Ada]: failure to build on Mandrake 8.1 / x86
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:22:26 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
Generated files *not in CVS* should be generated from gcc_release. The
normal method is for a bootstrap to put them in the source directory, but
if building puts them in the build directory instead then special
treatment is needed (and is currently present for the message catalogs).
I get conflicting messages on two points, could you answer these:
* Should the autogenerated files be checked in or not?
* Should the files be put in the source directory or in the build directory?
I'd like to do things in a way that fits with current, or better: desired,
GCC practice, but would prevent from switching between different approaches
all the time.