Does seteuid() and setreuid() work with _POSIX_SAVED_IDS?

Hi,
  I work on an i386 LynxOS system that uses gcc
(v2.7). The macro _POSIX_SAVED_IDS has been defined in
LynxOS. I would then like to know, if the functions
seteuid() and setreuid() work with saved ids?
  This is because, my application runs with seteuid to
root. Temporarily drops the privileges and then
restores it. In LynxOS, restoring of root privileges
prints an error:
  seteuid 0: Not owner
  Whereas this works fine on Linux (Redhat 7.0)
system.
Does it mean that the seteuid() or setreuid() function
implementations in LynxOS not support saved ids,
though I expect it because _POSIX_SAVED_IDS has been
defined.
setreuid() function is found in /lib/libc.a in LynxOS.
I suppose it is glibc. But seteuid() is not found in
libc.a and no function prototypes provided for
seteuid(). But the function seteuid() is resolved at
run-time.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Hari.