This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: compiling linux kernels with GCC 3.0
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: compiling linux kernels with GCC 3.0
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:00:51 +0200
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Universita' della Tuscia
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: pcarlini at unitus dot it
Mark Mitchell wrote:
> -I'm definitely pleased to know that the 3.0 series works with the
> Linux kernel.
C'mon Mark, reply something also to the next message from Linus!
Is it true that there is no real evidence of performance improvements on x86? If
so, *why* in your (authoritative) opinion?