Re: Really crummy error messages, was Re: Ada files now checked in

Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au> writes:

>> how about --verbose-errors, and have both a one-line and paragraph
>> explanation of each error?

> We've used almost exactly that approach in the Mercury compiler,
> and IMHO it works reasonably well.

The Ada compiler writes "(more references follow)" if the same
undeclared identifier is referenced multiple times.  Such an error
message is probably most helpful in this context, but I don't know if
you can implement it for the C compiler easily.