Re: Darwin vs. libstdc++

Stan Shebs wrote:

>>First, why does t-darwin want to multilib? I dont know if this causes
>>any actual problems, but it does suck waiting for multilibs to build.
>>
>In any case, I believe we will want to do this change.

I agree.

>>Next, theres big problems when we hit libstdc++ proper, starting with
>>basic_file.cc:
>>
>>[...]
>>/Users/bryce/cvs/gcc/build/powerpc-apple-
>>darwin1.4/libstdc++-v3/include/bits/std_cctype.h:57: `isalnum' not
>>declared
>>[...]
>>

>This is a known boner in Darwin headers, and it's been reported to
>the people in charge, but I don't think they did anything about it
>for 10.1.  It needs a fixincludes addition.

This *could* be addressed in fixincludes, but it would be very ugly and
have the potential to break when the header actually does get fixed. I
couldn't see a reasonable way to do it without the chance of breaking
future, fixed headers (but hey I don't really know fixincludes).

In any case, something should be done about it one way or the other, asap!

regards

Bryce.