This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC compilation question
- To: "Promet Heus" <promet at disinfo dot net>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: GCC compilation question
- From: "Tim Prince" <tprince at computer dot org>
- Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 22:18:23 -0700
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Promet Heus" <email@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 10:01 PM
Subject: GCC compilation question
> Havign a problem, I'm trying to install gcc 3.0.1. When trying
the "./configure" command I get the error, "...cannot find
install-sh or install.sh in ../.. ./../..
> and, inded they are not there, am I missing something?
You're missing reading the instructions which tell you not to
configure in a source directory.