Re: spelling

> As long as we [i.e. Joseph Myers] are fixing this, do we want to establish
> consistent spellings for "initializ/se" and "optimiz/se"?  Both variants
> occur in the sources.  There are probably others.  (I know, this is a case
> for i18n, but it's not there.)

These things have a way of turning into petty wars.  But if we must
choose: Since the original gcc manual is by RMS, it seems reasonable
follow the style he established and therefore choose the American
spellings: -ize not -ise, -or not -our etc.

(Ideally in cases where the UK and US spellings differ for a command line
switch, the compiler would accept both to minimize user frustration).