This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Manual style: "non-zero" vs "nonzero"
- To: Russ Allbery <rra at stanford dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Manual style: "non-zero" vs "nonzero"
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:43:12 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On 8 Oct 2001, Russ Allbery wrote:
> The 1989 OED prefers non-zero (as in it has an entry for that and has no
> entry for nonzero), but it may be out of date.
However, a 1951 quotation it gives for non-zero uses the spelling nonzero
(both spellings are also used in quotations for other words), so the usage
is clearly well-established.
Joseph S. Myers