This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ast-optimizer-branch (was: Ada files now checked in)
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: ast-optimizer-branch (was: Ada files now checked in)
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:56:35 -0400
- Cc: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <20011006163534.A29684@tornado.cygnus.com> <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
On Tue, 09 Oct 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> (Offlist, but feel free to reply to the list if you prefer!)
OK. I was going to post something along these lines. Thanks for
bringing it up.
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Diego Novillo wrote:
> > Yes, this is already implemented in the ast-optimizer-branch.
> > The compiler computes reaching definitions for local variables
> > and emits a warning for every variable that might be used
> > uninitialized (tree-ssa.c:analyze_rdefs).
> Any news/time-frame concerning merging this branch back to mainline?
> It would be awesome to have this in GCC 3.1, but for that to happen, the
> merger probably (at least) has to be started within the next seven days.
I was considering submitting it this week. I am a little
uncertain about timing, though. There is quite a bit of new
code. It's fairly stable, though, and it doesn't really affect
I would only merge the tree SSA patches, of course. I'm not sure
what the status of Nathan's work is.