Re: ast-optimizer-branch (was: Ada files now checked in)

On Tue, 09 Oct 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> (Offlist, but feel free to reply to the list if you prefer!)

OK.  I was going to post something along these lines.  Thanks for
bringing it up.

> On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Diego Novillo wrote:
> > Yes, this is already implemented in the ast-optimizer-branch.
> > The compiler computes reaching definitions for local variables
> > and emits a warning for every variable that might be used
> > uninitialized (tree-ssa.c:analyze_rdefs).
>
> Any news/time-frame concerning merging this branch back to mainline?
>
> It would be awesome to have this in GCC 3.1, but for that to happen, the
> merger probably (at least) has to be started within the next seven days.

I was considering submitting it this week.  I am a little
uncertain about timing, though.  There is quite a bit of new
code.  It's fairly stable, though, and it doesn't really affect
code generation.

I would only merge the tree SSA patches, of course.  I'm not sure
what the status of Nathan's work is.

Diego.