This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
PR3909 and KDE2
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Subject: PR3909 and KDE2
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 10:59:45 +0100
- CC: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, stefan at space dot twc dot de
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <email@example.com> <200110082105.RAA88994@mail.acm.org>
Franz Sirl wrote:
> Oops, I forgot to mention that this is PR3909, testcase included in there.
> It's a pity this can't be solved in 3.0.2, it seemed to me that Nathan was
> nearly there already with 3.0.1.
Yes, well what looked like a little thread to tease out turned out to pull
a large amount of stuff with it. I've got a patch against 3.1 of a few
months ago, but it is (a) too large & complex for a dot release, (b)
untested against KDE. The good news is that (a) it did fix the remaining
3145 & 3909 failures, (b) it's related to /using/ the vbase offsets,
rather than creating them.
It kind of dropped off my radar. When I built KDE, I ran into some other
problems (4206) & I wasn't really sure what failures I was looking for. My
plan is to verify it works for KDE and then incrementally install it into 3.1
Dr Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'
firstname.lastname@example.org : http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~nathan/ : email@example.com