PR3909 and KDE2

Franz Sirl wrote:
> Oops, I forgot to mention that this is PR3909, testcase included in there.
> It's a pity this can't be solved in 3.0.2, it seemed to me that Nathan was
> nearly there already with 3.0.1.
Yes, well what looked like a little thread to tease out turned out to pull
a large amount of stuff with it. I've got a patch against 3.1 of a few
months ago, but it is (a) too large & complex for a dot release, (b)
untested against KDE. The good news is that (a) it did fix the remaining
3145 & 3909 failures, (b) it's related to /using/ the vbase offsets,
rather than creating them.

It kind of dropped off my radar. When I built KDE, I ran into some other
problems (4206) & I wasn't really sure what failures I was looking for. My
plan is to verify it works for KDE and then incrementally install it into 3.1

nathan

--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'