Re: GCC 3.1

On Monday, October 8, 2001, at 08:56  PM, Carlo Wood wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 01:27:23PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> Reminder: October 15th is one week from today.
>>
>> That is the cutoff date for major new functionality (new programming
>> languages, new optimization passes, etc.) in GCC 3.1.
>
> I suppose that means that tree serialization and precompiled
> header files won't become part of 3.1?

I'm not sure about precompiled headers, as there are other
implementations, but i've never intended tree serialization (which i
assume is directed at me, since it's my branch) to be in 3.1.
The only thing i'm currently planning on submitting for 3.1 is maybe a
new bitmap implementation, and the dataflow changes (In addition to the
already contributed support for dwarf2 location lists, and dwarf2
namespace support).
Everything else i've gotten done already (but not announced or
submitted) is likely not going to be submitted for 3.1 for various
reasons.
--Dan