This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR3665 and KDE2
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: PR3665 and KDE2
- From: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 23:06:58 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,stefan at space dot twc dot de
- References: <email@example.com>
On Monday 08 October 2001 21:19, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Franz --
> You asked whether GCC 3.0.2 will work with KDE2. The answer is no; we'll
> just keep iterating until we get a release that does. It's too bad that
> this is still broken. If you can send me a small test case, I'll try to
> work on it for GCC 3.0.3.
Oops, I forgot to mention that this is PR3909, testcase included in there.
It's a pity this can't be solved in 3.0.2, it seemed to me that Nathan was
nearly there already with 3.0.1.
> You also asked about PR3665, which is a GCC 2.95.x regression. No, I
> don't think we should try to fix this for 3.0.2 at this point. It was
> already broken in GCC 3.0. However, we should try to prepare a patch
> for GCC 3.0.3. If you are willing to do so, I will review the patch
> at that time.
OK, I tried a few variations, but I probably misunderstood Jan's comment.
I'll contact him to solve this in 3.0.3.