Re: PR3665 and KDE2

On Monday 08 October 2001 21:19, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Franz --
>
> You asked whether GCC 3.0.2 will work with KDE2.  The answer is no; we'll
> just keep iterating until we get a release that does.  It's too bad that
> this is still broken.  If you can send me a small test case, I'll try to
> work on it for GCC 3.0.3.

Oops, I forgot to mention that this is PR3909, testcase included in there.
It's a pity this can't be solved in 3.0.2, it seemed to me that Nathan was
nearly there already with 3.0.1.

> You also asked about PR3665, which is a GCC 2.95.x regression.  No, I
> don't think we should try to fix this for 3.0.2 at this point.  It was
> already broken in GCC 3.0.  However, we should try to prepare a patch
> for GCC 3.0.3.  If you are willing to do so, I will review the patch
> at that time.

OK, I tried a few variations, but I probably misunderstood Jan's comment.
I'll contact him to solve this in 3.0.3.

Thanks,
Franz.