This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch) (new builtin_equal_typespatch)
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch) (new builtin_equal_typespatch)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:46:00 -0700
- cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
--On Monday, October 08, 2001 11:45:39 AM +0100 "Joseph S. Myers"
> On 7 Oct 2001, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
>> > * An implementation for C++ is also needed.
>> will wait for new front end like suggested. [when's that?]
> I don't know whether it's currently on schedule for 3.1, or not. The new
> C++ parser will also help implement RTH's suggestion for C (that errors in
> the unused half of __builtin_choose_expr be ignored) through its
> diagnostic machinery.
At this point, I don't think it's going to make 3.1. It's frustruating,
because it's 95% done -- but Nathan and I just aren't having the time
to make progress at a rate to get this done by the 15th. It will
definitely be in 3.2.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com