This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:04:28 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, guerby at acm dot org
- References: <20011008170703.19A97F28B1@nile.gnat.com>
On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 01:07:03PM -0400, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> by the way, in our experience with GNAT, it is the backend that is the
> huge consumer of (real) memory, the front end almost always has smaller
> memory requirements by a significant factor.
Oh yes. I've got a list of things to do to the back end to cut down
its memory usage, in fact.
I may have overstated things; I didn't mean to imply that this one
buffer was that much of a memory consumption problem in real life.
Laurent seemed interested, is all.