This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Urgent: bug fixes needed for GCC 3.0.2
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: Urgent: bug fixes needed for GCC 3.0.2
- From: law at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 11:18:24 -0600
- cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "wilson at redhat dot com" <wilson at redhat dot com>, "jh at suse dot cz" <jh at suse dot cz>
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> > > It sounds difficult to me. Especially to get right the first time.
> > Also possibly true. Though I was thinking that these MEMs ought to be
> > not terribly difficult to find since before virtual register instantiatio
> > since they would all reference the incoming argument pointer. In theory
> > one pass over the RTL would find them.
> OK, that does sound reasonably sane. Do you have time to give it a try?
Interestingly enough we already do this in sibcall.c. I'm investigating
why it's not catching this case.