Re: The bloat sweepstakes...

<<I don't have much sympathy with the attitude that memory, or even
address space, is free.  If nothing else, these huge buffers are
likely to be *slower* than more reasonably sized buffers because they
trash the memory caches.

Sorry, I don't see this at all, how can a megabyte of unused virtual
memory possibly affect the memory caches.

And we are talking just about address space here.