This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:01:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, guerby at acm dot org
<<I don't have much sympathy with the attitude that memory, or even
address space, is free. If nothing else, these huge buffers are
likely to be *slower* than more reasonably sized buffers because they
trash the memory caches.
Sorry, I don't see this at all, how can a megabyte of unused virtual
memory possibly affect the memory caches.
And we are talking just about address space here.