This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 22:20:33 -0700
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10110071152.AA06131@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 07:52:57AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> No, it's measured in *hours*. Once the first bootstrap using the supplied
> gnat1 and gnatbind is complete, you have a working and standard GNAT that
> can be used for subsequent bootstraps.
No, it is not. Disregarding Zack's argument, it is hours for me.
Then another few hours for Tom, Dick, Harry, and everyone else who
wants to bootstrap from the binaries currently provided by various
distributions, all the way up until the moment distributions provide
binaries based on the released gcc 3.1.