This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- To: guerby at acm dot org, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:23:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<There's room for constant tuning here, but I assume there may be a
reason why a 2MB buffer size was choosen here, anyone?
Basically on the systems we are compiling GNAT on, large buffers like
this are close to free, but if there are systems where this is not true,
it should be rethought, the buffer could certainly be much smaller.