This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- To: guerby at acm dot org, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:21:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<Surely there's some form of dynamic allocation you could use for this,
though. Or just not buffering the file in such huge chunks? C stdio
tends to use buffers on the order of a memory page...
Would this really gain? Are there really systems so messed up that large
unused buffers like this cost real disk space or real memory?