This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- To: guerby at acm dot org, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:16:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Probably the string buffer in lib.utils could be smaller, but really in
these days when typical development machines have at least 256M of real
memory, this is hardly a significant issue. Indeed on most systems with
allocate on use, this is not real memory that is used at all, just
unused virtual memory space. Declaring large buffers like this should
be close to free.