This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 14:35:24 +0200
- Cc: dnovillo at redhat dot com, bosch at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, zack at codesourcery dot com
- References: <20011007120215.25A46F28C0@nile.gnat.com>
> A little nitpick, the reverse quote at the start of insertions looks
> really horrible in most environments, and has no typographic justification.
It is not a reverse quote, it is a GRAVE ACCENT in all standards I've
seen so far. See http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/quotes.html for
additional information, including glyph samples.
> The use of apostrophes is odd anyway (as opposed to using quotation
> markes, which is what normal english grammar would suggest).
I'm surprised to read that English grammar includes typography. ;-)