Re: Ada files now checked in

    <<No, it's not that simple.  There is no reason to believe that any
    subsequent distributions will have the nonstandard name.  But there
    *is* a strong reason to believe that GNAT, even if it can be
    bootstrapped with that version now, will be able to in the future, and
    not too long into the future.  See Robert's comments about the reasons
    for this.  >>

    I think Richard has a not missing somewhere in the above paragraph.

I don't think so, but let me try again:

Due to issues like the ones you've raised, a GNAT version used to
bootstrap GNAT can't be too much older than the sources they are
bootstrapping.  That particularly version is unchanging and, at some point
in the not-too-distant future, will not be able to bootstrap the CVS GNAT
sources even if it can now.

By appearing to support it, we are leading people to believe that it
will work, but the period of time for which that statement is true is
likely to be very small (and may, in fact, be zero: has anybody
actually *tried* to bootstrap starting from that distribution?).