This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 14:31:31 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20011007120312.31E8CF28CB@nile.gnat.com>
> <<I notice it says "_is_ used uninitialized". Does that mean you've
> eliminated the old false positive problems?
> You can't eliminate false positives, without also correct messages (if
> you think you can, I have a Turing machine with a tape here to send
> off to you ..... :-)
True, but in this simple case, I see no reason why the compiler
could not construct a valid proof that the variable is indeed used
uninitialized in all cases.